Reporting to the Director Dealer Sales and Service, you will be responsible for prospecting and closing new national automotive dealer group accounts. The ideal candidate possesses successful sales experience of internet-based software solutions to national automotive dealer groups.
You will be experienced with driving the entire sales process from prospecting to closing along with an ability to manage the account through implementation and setup. Your ability to understand the distinct needs of large dealer groups and translate those needs into drivers for using our solutions will be critical to your success.
Based out of either our Toronto office or our Winnipeg head office, you will work alongside an experienced dealer sales team to execute on your national sales strategies.
Your responsibility includes generating significant dealer sales volume of key clients within the top Canadian dealer groups by working directly with dealers independently as well as the Dealer Group Level and/or building on existing automotive OEM relationships and/or dealer group relationships.
You will implement a multi-faceted approach to approach and win the business while working closely with our Winnipeg based Marketing, Product, Delivery and Executive teams.
New Business Development
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to close of sale.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Engage with C-Level, VP-Level and Director personnel at client sites.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and Social Media strategies
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and benefits of each.
- Conduct regular opportunity assessments to allow for the prioritization of account focus
- Lead and prepare proposals as required
- Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for RAPID RTC to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales
Account Planning & Management
- Lead and execute opportunity plans
- Lead the development and delivery of client presentations (from project status, to new project plans, to longer range opportunities)
- Working with delivery team, prepare and present new statements of work
- Work with other departments and team members to ensure effective regular communication is in place
- Demonstrate that RAPID RTC is a client partner that brings business value day in, day out
- Provide direction and oversight to the delivery teams upon successful completion of sales
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Responsible for timely submission of sales forecasts
- Conduct regular review of sales forecasts with Director Dealer Sales and Service
- Work with finance to initiate timely invoicing
- Support finance with Corporate Account receivables as necessary
- Setup and review post project analysis
- Facilitate weekly territory reviews utilizing Salesforce with Director Dealer Sales and Service includes:
- Review of account strategy
- Customer dynamics (staff changes, funding situation, etc.)
- Sales Pipeline
- Financial Forecast
- Activity from Last Period
- Planned activity for next period
- Travel to account locations across Canada – approximately 1 week a month
- Expectations entail being physically on-site client offices for prospecting, sales presentations, and initial project execution.
You are an experienced business development professional who:
- Sales Focus – skilled in strategic selling towards closing software product sales to automotive dealer groups, dealerships and across Canada and supporting the dealer sales team to do so also.
- People – the ability to leverage existing networks and build new ones, ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key people externally and internally.
- Sales Targets – accountable for territory dealer group sales targets that drive growth and profitability, and communicate
- RAPID RTC Products – maintain a deep knowledge of all Products, understanding technologies, features, functions and benefits in the context of dealer and dealer group use.
- Translate features into Strategies – Leverage Product knowledge to identify sales opportunities; develop and execute successful sales strategies/tactics upon those opportunities both directly and indirectly.
- Presentation – adapt/prepare and deliver sales presentations and product information sessions to C-level individuals (and/or other positions) at dealers, and dealer groups alike.
- Business Acumen – ability to understand and articulate business value of our solutions to C-level prospects at dealer groups.
- Market Place Intelligence – understand RAPID RTC’s competitive threats and possible solutions in order to be able to counter-act these threats.
- CRM – utilize SalesForce.com for ongoing pipeline management, activities, campaigns, and cases in alignment with global best practices. Contribute to the evolution of these best practices with the peer group.
- Value – the ability to understand, shape, present and articulate our value proposition to potential customers including effectively handling objections.
- Product Feedback – provide constructive client feedback on all products to ensure those products remain competitive, valued and utilized by our clients.
- Negotiation – able to effectively understand client requirements and negotiate, mutually beneficial, profitable dealer orders/sales.
- Campaigns – develop and, after approval, execute sales strategies and campaigns for the various products that RAPID RTC offers to dealers in the territory.
- Organization – be highly organized, disciplined and efficient; someone who can keep on top of the detail and plan ahead.
- Reporting – provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting to the Director Dealer Sales and Service in regard to, but not limited to, actual dealer and dealer group sales activity, closed deals, sales pipeline, current month forecast and 90-day forecast.
- Self Sufficient – ability to independently self-motivate, self-discipline, focus and achieve objectives.
- Team Player – strong alignment with: the Canadian Dealer Sales and Service team, Corporate Sales team, demonstrate team spirit in attitude and practice.
- Excellence – a focus on excellence in all that we do is paramount.
- Communication – Possesses exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Software Knowledge – Demonstrates an understanding of technology and technological solutions and can excel in an IT Solutions company.
- Automotive experience – Minimum 10 years’ Dealer group or Technology specific sales experience
- Location – Based out of Toronto, ON or Winnipeg, MB
RAPID RTC offers a competitive compensation package including benefits, and a fun yet challenging work environment. We promote continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills, and foster career growth throughout.
If you are ready for the challenge, please apply below or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.