RAPID RTC is seeking a mature and experienced professional for the position of Director, Dealer Support Services (“DDSP”). The DDSP will be responsible for directing, growing, and providing oversight to the Dealer Care and Training teams. This will include overseeing the management of day-to-day operations and tactical activities while directing strategic initiatives that ensure operational excellence. Direct reports will include a Dealer Care Manager, a Trainer Team Lead, and their respective teams. Both teams include approximately 15 members in total.
The Dealer Care Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and coaching RAPID RTC’s Dealer Care team for Canada. In overseeing this role, you will gain familiarity with our product set to provide outstanding customer service to our OEM and dealership clients through your team. Your strong customer service experience and leadership skills will not only ensure our teams meet their objectives in supporting our dealer network across Canada, but also identify opportunities to promote RAPID RTC products and services.
The Training Team Lead is responsible for providing the training to our automotive dealer network across Canada. This team of 4 Trainers assists Corporate Accounts, National Accounts and Regional Managers in on-boarding new clients who require help leveraging our software solutions to enhance the sales process on the dealer showroom floor and providing on-going support to our customers through the delivery of RAPID RTC product training.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Dealer Sales and Support, you will gain a deep understanding of the Automotive Industry and online lead management. In support of RAPID RTC’s expansion, you will establish and support key differentiators in RAPID RTC’s industry changing lead management tools and philosophies. Your attention to detail, strive for excellence and leadership skills will not only ensure our growing teams meet their objectives in supporting our OEM and dealer network clientele, but also identify opportunities to enhance RAPID RTC’s products and operational efficiencies.
Responsibilities (Dealer Care Team)
- Provide overall Leadership and ensure effective management of the Dealer Care team
- Recruit, train and retain a strong Dealer Care team
- Create and execute a Dealer Retention plan for Lead Manager and Chat to generate significant decreases in monthly attrition rates (in conjunction with the Director, Dealer Sales)
- Establish and report on department’s KPI’s that align with Dealer Care KPIs across global offices
- Plan and oversee execution of client engagement calls, e.g. 14-day and health check calls
- Focus on customer service, and dealer quality management, as the most significant contributors to RAPID RTC dealer retention
- Oversee execution of Dealer Scorecard reviews
- Oversee the monitoring of Lead Manager’s usage by the dealerships, including configuration and responses
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all Dealer Care / Dealer activity in Salesforce & Workfront
- Act as an escalation point, liaising directly with our customers when required
- Establish appropriate service recovery behaviours, i.e. liaise with other departments across all the RAPID RTC offices where necessary to resolve customer issues
- Anticipate operational issues within the team and develop solutions based on logical reasoning, past precedents and best practice
- Plan for and evolve the team’s size, capacity and skill base in line with RAPID RTC’s growth strategy
- Work closely with the Corporate (OEM) and Regional Management sales teams in Canada and across global offices where collaboration is required
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team encouraging innovation and proactively making appropriate recommendations to the SVP, Dealer Sales & Support
- Oversee the progression of team members from Associate to Intermediate to Senior roles
- Conduct performance and salary reviews
Responsibilities (Training Team)
- Provide overall Leadership and ensure effective management of the Training team
- Ensure effective ongoing coaching to dealerships in product usage and industry best practices as part of overall regular Contact Campaigns
- Oversee and report on utilization of Trainers and create KPIs
- Establish and report on department’s KPI’s that align with Trainer KPIs across global offices
- Incorporate Training team involvement in overall Dealer Sales Retention Plan
- Review training delivery methods and implement innovative ways to train dealers going forward. Currently, we deliver our curriculum through in person and webinar training sessions to train dealer salespeople, managers, and dealer principals on how to leverage our solutions to enhance their showroom processes.
- Recruit, train and retain a strong Training team
- Develop an expert understanding of our product’s functionality and how automotive dealerships can use them to their full potential
- Oversee training coordination, execution and post-installation follow-ups for product rollouts
- Review and contribute to product, process and training documentation
- Define and direct quality assurance programs
- Ensure the Trainers act as a consultant to dealers, dealer groups and OEM’s with modern and forward-thinking processes that lead to successful, profitable client relationships
- Conduct performance and salary reviews
Key Skills (Dealer Care and Training Teams)
- Is detail oriented, has strong analytical skills and is a critical thinker
- Has strong leadership, team building and coaching skills including mentoring managers
- Possesses a strong customer focus and results oriented personality
- Strives for excellence and perfection
- Performs well under pressure
- Leverages superior interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Is an excellent communicator with ability to convey messages in an organized, clear and effective manner
- Is creative and loves to inject innovative ideas and continuous improvement into their teams
- Is a team player
- Possesses strong time and self-management skills; a self-starter
- Has a high propensity to learn, a love of technology, and an ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Goes beyond job requirements to seek opportunities and generate ideas for improvements
- Possesses strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel in particular
- Has strong reporting skills including determining the types of reports required as well as the ability to create reports
- Travel in North America and Europe may be occasionally required
- Automotive background/interest is highly advantageous. The ability to understand the dealership environment and to relate to the needs of the dealer to provide solutions utilizing RAPID RTC products.
- Bilingual-French is an asset
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
RAPID RTC offers a competitive compensation package including benefits, and a fun yet challenging work environment. We promote continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills, and foster career growth throughout.
If you are ready for the challenge, please apply below or forward your resume to email@example.com.