RAPID RTC is seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Systems Operations Support to join our team. This position reports directly to the Manager, Systems Operations. As the Senior Systems Operations Support, you are a technical expert, who actively researches, reviews, evaluates and deploys computer systems, networking and software products, services and technologies, driven by RAPID RTC’s business needs.
The position involves…
- Accountability for the day-to-day information operational tasks. Ability to influence the systems operation technology roadmap. Ensuring the appropriate technology to meet RAPID RTC’s business needs.
- Lead the configuration, operation, maintenance and documentation of RAPID RTC’s computer systems and network infrastructure
- Lead the procurement of computer systems, networking/communication equipment, software licenses, domain names, emails, support contracts for RAPID RTC and RAPID RTC’s Clients
- To handle escalated technical support calls when required and to respond to any after-hours technical support paging service that RAPID RTC may have in effect at any given time. This includes the creation, update and accountability for the Systems Operations On Call rotation.
- To lead RAPID RTC’s production server farm operations and be available a backup resource for the server farm, in an on-call basis, as reasonably required by RAPID RTC
- Providing extensive technical leadership and guidance to the Systems Operations team by reviewing and assessing technical proposals, change requests or upgrades across all systems and infrastructure including Hyper-V virtualization, Brocade routing/switching technology, Cisco firewalls, load balancers, EMC storage systems and Windows servers running 2012, among others
- To actively participate in IT compliance initiatives mandated by RAPID RTC’s Management or RAPID RTC’s clients or regulatory requirements
- Management and oversight of operational controls in accordance with industry standards
- Ensure alignment of network operations objectives, strategy and projects with organizational objectives
- Direct the development and ongoing reviews and updates of network operations standards, guidelines, processes and procedures. Ensure that industry standards and best practices are followed within the department
- Implement changes as a result of new developments in security and privacy regulations applicable to markets RAPID RTC conducts or is considering doing business in
- Ensure compliance with information security policies and procedures, identify mitigation requirements and coordinate remediation projects
- Participate in reviews and threat risk assessments of various technical platforms, vendors, and processes
- Interact with vendor and other external relationships from time to time
- Manage small to medium-sized projects according to budgets and schedules
- Develop and produce monthly status reports for the SysOps department
- Knowledge of NIST and ISO 27001/27002 Standards
- Assist the RAPID RTC Information Security Team Executing Quarterly Internal and External Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration and Web Application Testing – providing, storing assessments. This includes activities for the remediation of important priority vulnerabilities.
- Disaster Recovery Planning/Business Continuity planning and testing
- Availability for on-call (after hours) rotation, some weekend work for maintenance and understands the obligations of participating on a team that provides multi time-zone support
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
RAPID RTC offers a competitive compensation package including benefits, and a fun yet challenging work environment. We promote continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills, and foster career growth throughout.
If you are ready for the challenge, please apply below or forward your resume to email@example.com.