RAPID RTC is seeking an experienced Senior Information Security Analyst (ISA) to join our team. The Senior Information Security Analyst (ISA) will be responsible for planning and tracking RAPID RTC’s Security Program. The analyst is also responsible for producing analysis reports on a monthly basis for RAPID RTC. The ISA’s duties also include protecting the organization’s systems, applications, network and devices with a series of tools, processes, and knowledge. The ISA will work at our head office and reports directly to the Director, Information Security.
This is currently a work from home position, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The position involves…
- Configure and run vulnerability scans against systems across the enterprise
- Document findings from vulnerability scans and work with other teams to ensure vulnerabilities are re-mediated in a timely manner
- Monitor security tools across the enterprise and respond to alerts accordingly. Provide tuning recommendations based on traffic patterns
- Analyze network traffic, intrusion attempts, activity logs, and system alerts for trends, anomalies, and potential security breaches
- Respond to computer security incidents including writing and maintaining security documentation and reports
- Promote security awareness and education activities, including content review, development, and implementation
- Plan and lead the tasks required to maintain compliance with client security requirements, ISO 27001 alignment, and other mandated laws and standards
- Identify, collect, analyze, interpret and assist in the reporting of security metrics
- Develop scripts, tools, and procedures to automate scans, assessments, and other monitoring and discovery activities
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and information security industry trends and standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate…
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience implementing and supporting enterprise security and performing threat and risk assessments
- Completed degree in computer science and/or information security program
- Completed or actively working towards CISSP, GIAC or CISM certifications
- Excellent knowledge of the tools and techniques used by ethical hackers including vulnerability scanners and network mapping tools
- Knowledge of Information Security controls framework and principles such as ISO 27001 and NIST
- Strong knowledge of the following communication protocols: DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP, IP, TCP and UDP
- Experience with information security solutions, including intrusion detection and prevention, network security monitoring, data loss prevention and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and applicable system administration skills: Windows Server/Active Directory and Linux
- A demonstrated ability to resolve technical problems involving heterogeneous systems and technologies with moderate assistance and guidance
- Ability to closely coordinate with the wider team in a highly dynamic environment
- Possesses initiative, imagination, resourcefulness and sound judgment in the execution of work assignments; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Reasonable flexibility with working hours (some out-of-hours involvement in tasks may be required occasionally)
- The ability to follow a strict legal processes
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
RAPID RTC offers a competitive compensation package including benefits, and a fun yet challenging work environment. We promote continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills, and foster career growth throughout.
If you are ready for the challenge, please apply below or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.