Keyloop Canada (formerly RAPID RTC, which was acquired by Keyloop in March 2021) is a multinational digital communications company that specializes in automotive, serving 4,000 retail and manufacturing clients around the globe. Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability, and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of Role
The Director, Dealer Sales (“DDS”) will be responsible for generating considerable dealer sales volume for Keyloop by leading a dealer sales team of Regional Managers who are located across Canada. They will work closely with the Marketing team to create marketing and sales material and strategies for use by the dealer sales team in promoting the business’s products and services. The DDS will actively participate in identifying new programs, services, and products that would benefit Keyloop from a sales and client retention perspective.
Areas of responsibility include servicing all automotive dealerships across Canada. You will be responsible for driving new business in dealerships across Canada as well as leading the growth of existing client relationships. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, have a tenacious and adaptable attitude to building solid professional relationships, and will grow and develop a successful sales team. You will be energetic, motivated by our culture and will express your passion for excellence through customer service and dealer support.
Your focus will be to lead, manage and support a dealer sales team that is tasked with expanding our Canadian footprint beyond automotive dealerships into franchised and independent dealers in other verticals. This will be achieved through direct sales, dealer group sales and/or as part of OEM roll-out projects. ‘Grassroots’ direct selling success with dealers and dealer groups is a fundamental element in this role. You will also work closely with the OEM account team supporting their sales initiatives where required.
- Recruit, hire, and train sales professionals for various Regional Manager dealer sales roles across Canada
- Be accountable for dealer sales team targets that are critically relied upon for organizational growth and profitability, and communicate with leadership whenever sales targets may be in jeopardy
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations and product information sessions to C-level individuals (and other management positions) at dealers and dealer groups
- Contribute to marketing and sales strategies for the various products and services that Keyloop offers to dealers
- Actively create launch plans for new products/releases including establishing various pilot users/focus groups to mitigate risks commonly associated with large-scale deployments
- Provide constructive client feedback on all products and services to Keyloop Product Management teams (“Products”) to ensure those Products remain utilized by Keyloop clients
- Provide reporting (in conjunction with the requests of the Finance Manager) to Keyloop’s Executive Team in regards to but not limited to actual dealer sales activity, sold pipeline, and 90-day forecasts
- Work closely with the Keyloop delivery team to help coordinate product delivery and to help streamline processes to ensure delivery is as efficient as possible
- Work closely with the delivery team to ensure client expectations are managed in accordance with Keyloop productivity
- Create motivational compensation and incentive plans for the dealer sales department
- Monitor staff utilization on all accounts
- Understand Keyloop’s product solutions in enough context to readily identify client opportunities
- Understand Keyloop’s competitive threats and work with Product Management team to create and communicate solutions to counter-act these threats
Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- Sales Focus – skilled in closing product sales to dealerships and dealer groups across a number of vertical markets across Canada and supporting the dealer sales team to do so
- Sales Management – experienced leading sales teams, including setting targets, motivating staff and managing the team’s sales pipeline
- Sales Targets – accountable for territory dealer sales targets that are critically relied upon by Keyloop for growth and profitability, and communicate with the leadership regarding sales target achievements/status on a regular basis
- Customer Relationship Management – have experience with using a CRM platform for tracking sales activity, customer interactions and staff productivity/outputs. Utilize SalesForce.com for ongoing pipeline management, activities, campaigns, and cases in alignment with global best practices. Contribute to the evolution of these best practices with peer group
- B2B – Experience with SalesForce.com in a B2B sales environment is an asset
- Company Products – maintain a deep knowledge of all products, understanding technologies, features, functions and benefits in the context of dealer and dealer group use. Leverage this knowledge to identify sales opportunities; develop and execute successful sales strategies/tactics upon those opportunities both directly and indirectly through the sales team
- Value – ability to understand, shape, present and articulate our value proposition to potential customers including effectively handling objections
- Product Feedback – provide constructive client feedback on all products to ensure those products remain competitive, valued and utilized by our clients and to assist with new product development/R&D
- Business Acumen – ability to understand and articulate business cases internal and external
- Presentation – adapt/prepare and deliver sales presentations and product information sessions to C-level individuals (and/or other positions) at dealers, and dealer groups
- Negotiation – able to effectively understand client requirements and negotiate, mutually beneficial, profitable dealer orders/sales
- Business Growth – ability to grow the territory in existing verticals and open new verticals
- Campaigns – develop and, after approval, execute sales strategies and campaigns for the various products that Keyloop offers to dealers in the territory
- Market Place Intelligence – understand Keyloop’s competitive threats and possible solutions in order to be able to counter-act these threats
- Organization – be highly organized, disciplined and efficient; keep on top of the details and plan ahead
- Reporting – provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting to the leadership in regards to, but not limited to, actual dealer and dealer group sales activity, closed deals, sales pipeline, current month forecast and 90-day forecast using SalesForce.com
- Coaching – willingness and ability to coach/mentor team members
- Travel – some travel will be required
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
Why Join Us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An Inclusive Environment to Thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be Rewarded for your Efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organization to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.
How to Apply
Please Apply Now below or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.