Keyloop Canada (formerly RAPID RTC, which was acquired by Keyloop in March 2021) is a multinational digital communications company that specializes in automotive, serving 4,000 retail and manufacturing clients around the globe. Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability, and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of Role
The Technical Architect draws on their previous years of industry and domain knowledge, software development expertise, and communication skills to understand technical requirements and extract architecturally significant requirements from them. By synthesizing solutions, exploring alternatives, and validating them, the Technical Architect will then make important choices that will have long-term impact. These choices must be captured in various architectural documents. Participation is necessary in project planning activities to assess technical risks, work out mitigation strategies and approaches, propose order and content of development iterations, and provide insight to a project on what is feasible and what is not.
- Understands the overall Keyloop technical vision. This includes gaining knowledge and understanding of Keyloop components beginning with common Keyloop framework pieces and libraries, eventually stretching to specific client applications
- Extends and demonstrates to others that technical vision where necessary
- Heavily involved in large projects/initiatives spanning multiple systems, such as integration between systems
- Provides architectural insight, vision, advice, and analysis on new and existing Keyloop products on a consultant basis
- Defines both the organizational structure of an application and the physical structure of its deployment on a consultant basis
- Takes on various coding tasks and projects within Keyloop with a preference being given to technically difficult tasks. The intention should be that these projects are handed off to a permanent project development team with sufficient documentation at the project’s conclusion.
- Maintains the Keyloop Architecture Sharepoint with technically relevant information that will serve the IS development team as a whole
- Acts as protector of Keyloop’s core and long-term shared systems, frameworks and libraries and reviews changes requests for best implementation
- Gives periodic presentations that will help increase the knowledge, awareness, and overall productivity of the IS development team.
- Attends Microsoft and other events to be aware of upcoming technologies
- Participates in technical interviews as required
Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- A University Degree or College Diploma in an applicable field
- 3+ years of technical architect related expertise
- A passion to learn the latest software development trends and emerging technologies
- Able to inspire, mentor, and encourage the growth of software developers
- The ability to see systems beyond the here and now and stay on course with the long-term vision
- See the larger picture and understand each component’s role in fulfilling the overall solution
- Be able to abstract complexity of a system into manageable chunks
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to make intelligent design choices, and document and defend those choices
- The ability to understand and satisfy the current business need and requirements
- A strong desire to succeed and the ability to help others succeed
- Able to constructively challenge current standards and definitions and improve upon them
- Able to manage time and tasks appropriately
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Why Join Us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An Inclusive Environment to Thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be Rewarded for your Efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organization to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.
How to Apply
Please Apply Now below or forward your resume to email@example.com.