Keyloop Canada (formerly RAPID RTC, which was acquired by Keyloop in March 2021) is a multinational digital communications company that specializes in automotive, serving 4,000 retail and manufacturing clients around the globe. Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability, and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of Role
The Platform Engineer will be part of a team that is responsible for providing operational support and ensuring that necessary tools, software, and processes are put in place to allow the system to scale with increase in operational load. The Platform Engineer will be part of the Technical Services Department, responsible for the last line of escalation for technical and support issues, which have been escalated by Support Teams globally. The Platform Engineer must be highly analytical and will be an excellent problem solver, with the ability to uncover not only the problem, but also the root cause of it. The Platform Engineer will have technical skills and will be an outstanding communicator, working not only as a team, but also coaching others throughout the company.
- Perform initial troubleshooting for all services – including necessary roll back and restore to maintain the high platform availability
- Good architectural understanding of deployed services to provide early feedback to the engineering team (via Production Readiness checklist).
- Create, maintain, and enhance monitoring, alerting and debugging capabilities
- Collaborate with Engineering and your Technical Escalation team colleagues to implement performance improvements identified through tracking service latency figures, CPU utilization figures, etc.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with necessary stakeholders and support layers, detailing any changes to services or functionality and when these changes are scheduled.
- Collaborate with Engineering team on measuring SLIs and SLOs
- Provide necessary operational support to multiple platforms (both on-prem and on AWS). Participate in periodic 24×7 on-call duties
- Capacity and performance management of environments
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of their service
Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science
- Understand customer issues, troubleshooting
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (EC2, Cloudformation, Lambda, DynamoDB etc)
- Some CI/CD experience with Jenkins/Bamboo
- Understanding of web security and DevSecOps principles
- Knowledge of microservice implementation technologies (both serverless and containers)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work across global teams and working with different cultures across different time zones
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Serverless framework
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, S3, ECR, EC2)
- Apigee, API Gateway
- .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, C#, Node.js
- Cloudwatch, ELK stack
- Bamboo specs, Jenkins, Docker, Shell script
Why Join Us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An Inclusive Environment to Thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be Rewarded for your Efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organization to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.
How to Apply
Please Apply Now below or forward your resume to email@example.com.